Print consumables is a term that covers all the materials required to produce print that are ‘consumed’ frequently, and predominatly consists of inks and print media.
There are a wide variety of inks for different print methods and applications:
- aqueous inks which consist of dye inks and UV inks considered short-term waterproof and stable in UV light
- solvent inks including eco-solvent which offer excellent durability outdoors at relatively low cost
- UV cured inks which are quick drying and create vibrant images but are more suited to rigid substrates
- latex inks are water-based and bonded to the print material by heat it is odourless therefore good for internal applications, as well as outdoor
- dye sublimation inks available in aqueous and solvent.
In terms of print media there are a range of substrates used in day-to-day printing such as paper, vinyl, mesh, rigid board including hexacomb boards, fabric, plastic, and much more.
Find out about the array of print consumables and what you can see at FESPA Africa, 13-15 September 2017.